The inscription of possible allergens on food products is a legal requirement.
According to EU Legislation (Regulation 1169/2011), 14 substances or products may cause allergies or intolerancies. These are:
1. Cereals that contain gluten (Wheat, rye, barley, oat, spelt)
2. Crustaceans (shrimps, crabs, lobsters, crayfishes)
8. Nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, macadamia)
12. Sulphur Dioxide and suplphites (of more than 10 mg/kg)
14. Molluscs (mussels, squid, octopuses, cuttlefish)
Substances or products that cause allergies are differentiated in other countries (in USA, they have been recognised 8 allergens, in some Asia countries allergens are different).
Priority can undertake the control of your production line by developing the necessary methodology for the inscription of the required information and protect you from unwanted product recalls and legal trouble.
Do you want to discuss about your needs and provide you the right solutions?
Mrs. Lily Mylona,
Sales Director, PRIORITY
T. 210 2509900