The ISO Standard 27019:2017 sets out a specification that the Information Security Management System must meet for energy production and distribution companies. It gives specific guidelines based on the structure of ISO 27002 standard.
Although the management of information security, presents essentially the same risk management challenges in all its frameworks, the nature of the systems (real time), safety and environmental critical factors, make some of these challenges particularly demanding for companies in the field of Energy.
The additional requirements, or clarifications extend the Information Security Management System scope to reduce the level of risks that threaten the security of the company’s information infrastructure.
The scope of the standard includes controls for systems and networks, for controlling and supervising the generation, transmission and distribution of energy as well as the necessary support processes.
PRIORITY has successfully completed the most important Information Security projects in Greece with the requirements of ISO 27001. At the same time, PRIORITY has developed a significant number of relevant services for the compliance of the organizations with the relevant information security framework. In the context of those services, PRIORITY develops an Information Security Management System according to ISO/IEC 27019:2017 and offers the below services in the field of Information Security Management System according to the standard ISO/IEC 27019:2017, for the energy production and distribution companies:
– Evaluation of IT systems, procedures and diagnosis of weaknesses and risks in accordance with the requirements of the standard
– Proposal of technological solutions based on the needs of the company, and guidance in the implementation of new measures
– Implementation of written policies and procedures based on the standard, with a view to establishing an Information Security Management System
– Training personnel in new policies and procedures and awareness
– Conducting internal audits and measuring security level
– System certification according to ISO/IEC 27019:2017
– Monitoring the compliance of the System according to the standard
Do you want to discuss about your needs and provide you the right solutions?
Mrs. Lily Mylona,
Sales Director, PRIORITY
T. 210 2509900